As we all know, shoes are an indispensable accessory of our outfits 12 months a year, but they are particularly indispensable when it comes to spring summer shoes.
It is here, in fact, that we can indulge our imagination to the maximum, integrating the spring summer fashion trends of the moment in our looks. Which, by doing so, immediately acquire a new, irresistible, trendy touch.
For me, late spring is the best time to do some closet decluttering as well. Usually, I proceed in stages:
1. I pull all my shoes out of the shoe rack.
2. I try on everything, but really everything. Even the Hawaianas I only wear to the beach have to pass muster!
3. I only store the shoes that pass my decluttering test. In doing so, I proceed according to the following criteria:
– They must still be current, in style, color, etc.
– They must be comfortable. If they have a heel, they must still be wearable without causing pain or excessive discomfort. In fact, over the past two years, I have eliminated almost all spring/summer shoes that exceed a 8 cm heel.
– I must have used them at least a few times in the last couple of years.
This year I had fun filming the process for my YouTube channel. In the video below you see all my spring/summer shoes, sandals, espadrilles, etc. that passed my decluttering process with flying colors.