Every autumn I feel like reviewing my evening beauty routine a little bit. One of the reasons is to not accustom the skin to the same products, but also for my personal pleasure and to adapt the cosmetic treatments I use to the new season and to a colder climate. So, I decided to buy a product I know very well and love, Midnight Recovery Concentrate by Kiehl’s.
Purchased for the first time years ago in Dubai, I never really left Midnight Recovery Concentrate, certainly one of Kiehl’s iconic products. Generally, I suspend its use in the middle of summer, and then resume it with pleasure every autumn.
But first, let’s see what the Midnight Recovery Concentrate package insert says:
Our top-rated night facial oil is formulated with distilled botanicals including Lavender Essential Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Squalane. In just one night, our top-rated facial oil helps replenish skin for visibly smoother, more radiant skin by morning.
- Visibly reduces fine lines, refines skin’s texture and boosts radiance in just one night
- Helps smooth and firm skin’s appearance
- Boosts essential moisture to help restore the appearance of tired-looking skin
- Replenishes skin at night when it is most receptive to repairing itself from daily aggressors
- Absorbs easily with a lightweight texture
- Leaves skin soft, supple and hydrated
Generally, I wait for my night cream,which contains retinol, to be absorbed well by the skin (in the meantime, I brush my teeth or take a shower). At this point, I take a couple of drops with the very practical dispenser and tap it gently on my face, leaving out the periocular area, where in the evening I only use this caffeine serum, which I find really effective.
When I use it, especially after a break, I notice immediate results. In the morning, my skin is smoother and looks rested; moreover, even with the application on the retinol cream Midnight Recovery Concentrate prevents any possible slight sense of redness or tension of the skin due to the effectiveness of the retinol.
The reasons I keep buying back Midnight Recovery Concentrate every fall, for me, are the following:
- the quality of the ingredients, 99% natural
- its natural, delicate and never intrusive scent, it smells so good! It’s the smell of simple and natural ingredients, I guess.
- the effectiveness in giving the skin a rested appearance
- its “pampering effect” clearly perceived by my skin at every application
- the ease of dosing, combined with the dark bottle with an extremely comfortable dosing cap, which preserves the quality and effectiveness of the product
- its blue bottle, also nice to look at and to keep on your bathroom shelf (I’m sensitive to a product’s design, what can I do?!)
- it is one of the very few products that, despite having an oily texture, my skin absorbs very well … in short, a light and soothing oil, which leaves a beautiful feeling on your skin!
For me, this awesome product is a real must-have for women over 40! Midnight Recovery Concentrate , for me, is the ideal companion to a good evening routine, perfect to apply over any stronger treatment – like my usual retinol cream – to prevent any sensations of tension and redness.
Also this autumn-winter, the content of this lovely little dark blue bottle will be “drunk” with joy from my skin, night after night!
Not having a Kiehl’s shop nearby, I buy it either on Amazon at a great price or on the Douglas website, where often, as now, there are really great promotions:
Do you speak Italian?
If yes, have a look at my new Style and Wardrobe Management E-Course! It will show you step by step how to transform your wardrobe in a small luxury boutique and create many fantastic new outfits that suit you and your style!
Want to declutter your wardrobe the right way and learn how to look expensive for less?
The Chic Factor, my bestselling book (in Italian only) about decluttering, style and shopping, is here!
P.S. : Sign up now for free access to my media library, where you find a collection of fashion, beauty, wellness and shopping guides (in Italian only)! By registering you get exclusive and free access to 8 MINI GUIDES + all the material that will be published in the future!