Ezoic vs Adsense: which one is the most profitable when it comes to monetizing a blog or a website?
In this article you find a short yet complete Ezoic review. I also explain how I instantly increased my blog advertising revenue by over 60%, simply by switching from Google Adsense to Ezoic.
As you know by now if you’ve been following me for a while, besides being passionate about fashion sometimes I like to talk about how to create and grow an online business. My goal is to help and encourage other people to build their own online business by leveraging their interests and passions to create and grow an additional source of income over time.
If you have a blog or site, you already know: the easiest, quickest and often least tiring way to monetize a blog or site is by placing ads on it.
Until recently, the only alternative available to non-english bloggers and site owners, however, was Google Adsense. And, unfortunately, with Adsense your advertising revenue is usually not very exciting, even if it can be a good starting point if your blog is still very small and doesn’t have much traffic.
When the traffic starts to get high, though, it can be a pain to see how little it makes. Especially if, like me, you have grown it patiently with months and months of patient SEO (= search engine optimization) work.
So, when I was offered to switch to the Premium advertising platform Ezoic, after a quick evaluation of the technical aspects and having read several Ezoic reviews by American or foreign bloggers, I decided to write one myself.
I thought it would be interesting to see how much advertising revenue increases from Adsense to Ezoic for a European blogger who doesn’t have a blog exclusively in English.
These are in fact very important aspects to understand how much more you can actually earn than from Google Adsense. For example, do your CPM and RPM really increase with Ezoic? And how much more money can you actually make with Ezoic vs Adsense?
In general, the procedure followed to switch from Adsense to Ezoic was very easy and linear:
- I was contacted via e-mail, with the proposal to switch to Ezoic, by an employee of the company who not only spoke English, but also, perfectly, my language. Since then, she has been following and assisting me, patiently and very professionally, in every phase of the transition.
- Once the decision to change was made, within 2-3 calls I was able to follow the simple steps necessary for the transition. Whenever I had doubts or questions, I was able to contact my “personal” account manager, Martina, via Skype or e-mail, who always answered within a few minutes or a couple of hours at most. Each time, any problems were promptly resolved.
- Once all the necessary steps were taken, Martina contacted me via Skype, sharing her screen with me, to establish together where to place the advertisement on my blog. I was free to decide where to place the ads and where to avoid it. Martina, moreover, explained me many useful and interesting aspects of advertising on a website or a blog: I received a lot of precious information about every element of advertising, why the income may fluctuate, but also about all the places that are, on a website, the most remunerative for advertisements.
- As soon as these decisions were made, Ezoic immediately started to work properly, earning me the first money from the ads and starting the process of optimizing the advertising process on my blog. Unlike other advertising platforms, Ezoic is in fact an “intelligent” system, which automatically and continuously tests the best positions, genres etc. of advertising, progressively optimizing them. In short, the system tests and you earn more, much more.
The whole process went smoothly and without requiring me to make any effort other than activating/deactivating some things on my blog and making some decisions about where to put the advertisement.
If, like me, you switch to Ezoic coming from Google Adsense, you should know that Ezoic is a Certified Google Partner. It also collaborates with Adsense to offer you the best experience and income results.
Therefore, you can also keep your Google Adsense account active and decide for yourself what percentage of Adsense and Ezoic you want to use.
But after the first 48 hours, given the macroscopic increase in my earnings, I set 99% on Ezoic and a mere 1% on Adsense!
Are there any Ezoic requirements to consider?
This means that it does not accept any site, but only those with a minimum of 10,000 monthly visits to your site. (There are some ecceptions though if you have a high quality blog or website – it’s worth to try to apply anyway!).
The number of visits on a website or blog is in fact considered a quality requirement. And quality, by the way, is also one of the reasons why advertisers are willing to pay more to advertise on your site.
What are the general benefits of Ezoic vs Adsense?
- The fact of being followed and assisted, step by step, by a person in charge of your site, who speaks your language and to whom you can also refer afterwards for everything.
- A much more personalized service with regard to the insertion of advertising units, which is precisely decided together, 1:1 , as part of a personalized consultation.
- In my case, a speed gain of about 10% compared to when I was using Adsense.
- The Ezoic dashboard – the “control panel” from which to monitor the various data – is one of the most transparent and effective I’ve ever seen. All data is clearly displayed and it is very easy to follow the progress of all important data.
- Much higher earnings.
To show you the difference in figures, I compared the first 14 days of October 2020 with the first 14 days of November 2020. The two periods have very similar traffic .
For comparison convenience, I set both amounts in dollars.
As you can see, the difference in two comparable periods in every respect is quite high. From the 1st to the 14th day of the month, the two platforms generated very different revenues: 394.32 USD in the case of Adsense, 637.02 USD with Ezoic.
In other words, an increase of 61.8% approximately.
And the Cons?
- A few small technical changes to be made to the site at the time of transition. But every step is explained to you and there is always a person ready to assist you.
- Over the next two days, you will need to check your site on all devices. You can easily make any adjustments if something is not to your liking or you notice an ad in a place you do not like. All this, of course, is taken care of by your Ezoic representative. You don’t have to do anything except point out what you want to change and the desired changes will be made for you by Ezoic.
- After that, everything worked smoothly and without any other necessary work on my part.
Trying hard to grow your blog or website and optimize it in terms of SEO and then earn only a few cents can be frustrating. I know, because I’ve been there!
I’m really happy with the choice made to switch to Ezoic . So I wanted to share my experience with this review of Ezoic as an advertising platform. My goal is to help other bloggers like me to monetize their site or blog optimally and earn more money without working harder.
To me, the step brought an instantaneous increase. Of course, it takes a few weeks to see the full effect of the Ezoic optimization mechanism. But there is an immediate, strong impact on your income) of 61.8% – and without practically moving a finger.
Not bad, right?
How to access Ezoic: