One of the accessories that I have loved and used the most in winter in recent years is the faux fur collar. In fact, I could say I’ve abused them, since I wear them really often.
As I explained in other posts presenting different strategies to make your wardrobe’s garments and accessories rotate to the maximum, there are many really versatile accessories that allow you to vary even a lot your outfits without much expense and a faux fur collar is certainly one of these.
In recent years, then, faux fur collars to wear over coats, sweaters and jackets are living a golden age, since they are super trendy: the result is that in the stores you can find a lot of very beautiful ones, especially online.
For me, faux fur collars have several advantages:
- they immediately liven up even the simplest of your coats
- they allow you to experiment and play with colors and the laws of color theory: just choose them in the most suitable color for your personal color season!
- it’s, in fact, one of those accessories that add variety and style to outfits with extreme ease
- you can use them to further warm up and protect your throat, which for me is a delicate area when it’s cold
- they are an ideal accessory for transitional months: they can also be worn in a trendy way over leather jackets and the classic biker jacket, for example, creating trendy looks
- a faux fur collar is a younger, more fun alternative to the traditional wool scarf
- faux fur collars are useful to wear coats whose color doesn’t suit us, creating a pleasant “break” between the coat and our face
- it can be chosen in colors that match well with other accessories we wear, such as bags, shoes, boots and jewelry
- chosen in a color that matches the color of our wool and cashmere sweaters, they create interesting outfits even for interiors, for example during your ski holidays.
Here: a three-color faux fur collar that goes well with my Gucci Disco bag in sand
This faux fur collar makes my moleskin coat warmer and more wintery, otherwise a little too light for January…
WHAT I’M WEARING:
Faux Fur Collar: ASOS, last year’s, wide choice HERE
Bag, Gucci Disco. New: in any Gucci boutique.
For excellent authenticated and pre-loved Gucci bags, SEE HERE.
Full review of the Gucci Disco bag: HERE
A winter accessory that multiplies your outfits…
Do you speak Italian? 🙂
If yes, have a look at my new Style and Wardrobe Management E-Course! It will show you step by step how to transform your wardrobe in a small luxury boutique and create many fantastic new outfits that suit you and your style!
Want to declutter your wardrobe the right way and learn how to look expensive for less?
The Chic Factor, my bestselling book (in Italian only) about decluttering, style and shopping, is here!
Sign up now for free access to my media library, where you can find a collection of fashion, beauty, wellness and shopping guides (in Italian only, sorry)!
By registering you get exclusive and free access to 8 MINI GUIDES + all the material that will be published in the future!
Simply enter your first name and e-mail address and you will receive a weekly newsletter with the latest news. Of course, your data will remain absolutely anonymous and secure.